HAIRSTYLISTS, ESTHETICIANS, MASSAGE THERAPISTS and NAIL TECHNICIANS
- Performing all services offered by the respective department
- Provide excellent customer service and guest care for all guests
- Product education and promotion of the Aveda lifestyle
- Meeting service, retail and guest retention goals
- Participate in ongoing education and training opportunities
- Work with team members to ensure that the highest quality of service is provided on a consistent basis
- Technicians are expected to work a 34 hour schedule consisting of days, nights and weekends.
- Missouri State Cosmetology License OR Missouri Massage Therapy License
- Available to work some weekends and nights
- Available to work full time schedule of 34 hours per week
- Available to attend paid training program beginning August 15th, 2011
SPA MANAGER - Kirkwood Location
We are looking for an individual to perform the tasks associated with executing management and leadership responsibilities and overseeing the daily flow of spa activity. The ideal candidate is organized, detail-oriented, outgoing, flexible, versatile, capable of multi-tasking and working in a high-paced environment, a strong team player and has a passion for the spa and retail industry. Candidates must have prior management experience in a retail or salon and or/spa setting. Candidates must be highly proficient in the areas of customer service, coaching and performance development, team-building, and communication. Candidates must have a good working knowledge of how business finances work and be highly proficient in computer skills. Candidates experienced in coaching staff members to achieve goals and incentives will be given preference. Candidates with experience as a licensed Cosmetologist, Esthetician or Massage Therapy will be given preference. This is not a general manager position.
Salary Range: $40,000-$45,000
- Impact sales results through support, development and execution of all aspects of financial plan and coaching team members in goal-setting and achievement.
- Regularly interact with spa guests to develop relationships and ensure guests are receiving an excellent experience from beginning to end. Resolve any guest concerns, grievances or incidents that occur.
- Guides and coaches Team through a sales culture so that service levels, product availability, team collaboration, and physical premises reflect the high standards of Ginger Bay in creating a comfortable, satisfying, and excellent experience for guests.
- Acknowledge and praise Spa Team for positive behaviors, while also coaching to prevent negative behaviors in support of the company culture and values.
- Ensure that Spa Team Members adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Lead by example by displaying great customer service and technical skills, enthusiasm, motivation, patience, self-discipline, confidence, humility, and willingness to learn.
- Be present during peak sales/client volume times including scheduled events and holidays.
- Create and maintain the standard of technical excellence and consistency to remain at the forefront of industry trends and technology.
- Assist with interviewing, hiring, orientation and training of Spa Team members.
- Communicate marketing promotions, programs and initiatives to the team and ensure that team members effectively carry out all marketing promotions, programs and initiatives.
- Maintain highest level of salon cleanliness and organization.
- High School Diploma/Equivalent
- 2+ years in retail Management/Leadership experience
- Effective communication skills (versatile with all social styles), coaching skills, recruiting and interviewing skills
- Multi-tasking abilities, problem solving and delegation skills, and ability to think and act quickly.
- Strong initiative and leadership skills
- Basic understanding of how to read a P & L and cash flow statement
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel & PowerPoint) and ability to master Millennium software (booking/POS software)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and some holidays.
- Professional image required.
- Philanthropically supportive and environmentally conscious.
GUEST SERVICES - CONCIERGE
- Provide outstanding and professional customer service to all guests
- Assist guests with service, retail and gift certificate sales
- Assist technical team members with their daily business activities
- Answer telephones daily and work in the retail and front desk areas to assist guests in all matters related to customer service, retail and service sales, and general business concerns
- Proficient in general computer usage (Internet and MS Word)
- Ability to learn salon scheduling software
- To provide and maintain a clean, sanitary and safe salon environment in accordance with the goals and guidelines set forth by the mission and vision of Ginger Bay Salon & Spa. This includes but is not limited to laundry cleaning, sorting and distribution, surface/flooring sanitization, trash removal, detail cleaning of the entire facility including restrooms, guest and employee areas, mopping, stocking, inventory support, dishes and light maintenance duties.
- Abide by salon policies and procedures and state laws regarding sanitation and safety standards.
- Maintain excellent attendance.
- Provide positive guest and team interactions at all times.
- Ability to repeatedly reach to floor and above shoulder height.
- Ability to push, pull and lift 30 pounds to chest height.
- Prolonged standing, walking and sitting for periods of up to 9 hours.
- Ability to utilize arms above waist and chest area and ability to use hands, fingers wrists and arms for prolonged periods of up to 9 hours.
- General understanding of housekeeping equipment and products.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently.
- Awareness of and adherence to the safety, sanitation and sterilization requirements of a salon and spa.
- Ability to communicate with managers, team and guests professionally.
- Pleasant demeanor and customer service aptitude.
To apply for an open position, fax or email your application, resume and cover letter to our corporate office:
download an application
Fax: (314) 835-1752
No phone calls please.
Ginger Bay is an equal opportunity employer.