Now scheduling technical interviews for Stylists!
Ginger Bay Salon & Spa, St. Louis’ premiere Aveda salon and spa is looking for talented individuals to join our team of stylists. Simply put, we want the best! We love what we do and we love sharing our passion with the next generation of up and coming stylists. We are looking for individuals who love the beauty industry and are committed to continually learning and improving their technical and customer service skills. This business is about learning, listening, sharing and improving, so you must be ready and willing to work hard, work together and give back to our team, our guests and our community.
We offer an intense and comprehensive training program designed to prepare you better than any other training program and start you on a path toward a successful and profitable career as a top stylist at the top salon.
Technical Interviews for stylists are currently being scheduled. Applicants should review basic qualifications for the position (below) prior to attending the technical interview.
The Technical Interview consists of two parts:
1) The Haircut: Applicants will be asked to bring a person on whom they will demonstrate a haircut. You will perform the haircut from start (consultation) to finish (finishing/styling work) on your model. You will have 1.5 hours to complete the haircut. There is not a specific haircut required for this portion. We really just want to see your best work!
You will need to bring: Model for haircut (female or male), shears, combs, brushes, clips, blowdryer, styling tools
Ginger Bay will provide: products (shampoo, conditioner, styling), towels, capes
2) Color Techniques: Applicants will also be asked to demonstrate color application techniques on a mannequin head. The focus of this section is on color placement and techniques, not formulation. You will use conditioner as a substitute for actual color.
You will need to bring: foiling comb, clips
Ginger Bay will provide: mannequin head/stand, foils, conditioner, color bowls/brushes, towels
Please come prepared to show us your best work and equipped with all the necessary tools and a model!
Technical Interviews will be held at our Town & Country location:
Technical Interview times available:
Sunday, May 7: 4:30 - 7:30pm
Sunday, May 21: 4:30 - 7:30pm
Please RSVP to reserve your spot by contacting Sasha at 314-966-2228 ext. 1234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Basic Qualifications – Stylist
1) MO cosmetology license as of June 25, 2017
2) Available to work flexible schedule of days, nights and weekends
3) Available to work full-time schedule of 40 hours per week
4) Available to attend a full-time paid training beginning June 25, 2017
Every pro was once an amateur
Every expert was once a beginner
So dream big and start now!
Ginger Bay Salon & Spa
Stylist Training Program Overview
We’ve accelerated our training program so that you reach the floor sooner! Our new 6-month training program is still an intense and comprehensive program designed to prepare you better than any other training program and start you on a path toward a successful and profitable career as a top stylist at the top salon. Stylists are paid throughout training. Here is an overview of the Ginger Bay Stylist Training Program:
- Company Orientation – Week 1
- Style Training – Blow-dry/Finishing – Weeks 2: training 5 days/week
- Cutting Training – Women’s Haircuts – Weeks 3-10: training 2 days/week; assisting 3 days/week
- Cutting Training – Men’s Haircuts – Weeks 11-15: training 2 days/week; assisting 3 days/week
- Color Training – Weeks 16-27: training 2 days/week; on floor 3 days/week at New Talent Level
- Basic Nail Training – Weeks 28-30: training 5 days/week
- Completion of Stylist Training Program
We also offer a variety of traditional and nontraditional benefits, such as competitive wages, flexible scheduling, paid training and ongoing educational opportunities with leading educators, product and service discounts, health and dental insurance, matching 401(k) retirement savings plan and vacation benefits.