Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, able to multitask effectively and work independently. Strong communication, organizational and customer service skills are essential. Our POS software is key to the management of the company’s finances, so proficient knowledge of our POS is key to success in this position. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks is required. Candidates with at least five years’ related experience will be given preference. Our ideal candidate is someone who is looking for a home and is very desirous of advancement within our family of companies. Interested candidates should email a resume to email@example.com.
- Manage the fundamental aspects of the company’s financial systems and recordkeeping.
- Manage all aspects of payroll systems.
- Manage all aspects of accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Provide financial reports and information as requested by the CEO and leadership team.
Typical Activities (including but not limited to):
- Process accounts payable on a regular basis including, payment of all bills in a timely manner, entering bills in QuickBooks, managing online bill pay system and processing manual checks as needed.
- Manage accounts receivable on a regular basis including, invoicing customers and collecting payments in a timely manner, reconciling accounts, recording and depositing payments.
- Manage QuickBooks including entry of all bills and deposits and regular reconciliation.
- Maintain and balance general ledger and complete all accounting journal entries in a timely manner.
- Make bank deposits and complete bank reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Compete credit card reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Close books by the 15th of the month and provide to accountant for review.
- Calculate and prepare forms for payment of sales tax and use tax according to regular schedule.
- Tracking of fixed assets and preparation of depreciation schedules.
- Process and submit bi-weekly payroll for all employees.
- Maintain related payroll records.
- Process all wage garnishments associated with payroll in a timely manner.
- Submit all employer and employee 401k contributions in a timely manner.
- Manage system for processing all payroll deductions for employees in a timely manner.
- Manage office petty cash and distribute as authorized by owner. Reconcile petty cash on a weekly basis and record all expenses.
- Prepare daily scoreboard spreadsheet, and distribute to each location in a timely manner.
- Generate weekly coaching sheet reports and distribute to Leaders in a timely manner.
- Assist Leaders with pulling reports and calculating numbers to be used in team member monthly coaching sessions.
- Oversee Annual Plan Preparation and compile all individual service and retail goals in to Annual Plan for the upcoming year. Provide Leaders with historical data and reports for use in annual goal setting for team members. Assist Leaders in setting annual service and retail goals for individual team members.
- Oversee Annual Budget Plan Preparation. Provide historical date and reports to Leaders for use in setting annual budgets in each department. Assist Leaders in setting annual budgets and make recommendations based on analysis.
- Prepare quarterly booking order reports for use in updating quarterly appointment book order updates.
- Prepare weekly Leadership Huddle sales forecasting spreadsheet and cash flow forecasting spreadsheets for presentation at regular weekly Leadership Huddle.
- Present sales forecast and cash flow forecast spreadsheets at weekly Leadership Huddle. Facilitate discussion regarding financial health of the business and share observations and suggestions based on financial analysis.
- Prepare monthly statements for review with owners providing an update of financial state of the business including but not limited to: profit and loss statement, balance sheet, bank account reconciliation, credit card balances and activities, outstanding loan/debt payments and balances, accounts payable, and income statements.
- Annual coordination with accountant for tax preparation.
- Prepare and provide financial reports, updates and information as requested by the owners.
- Management and execution of varying financially related projects
- Comply with all federal, state and local legal requirements and advise management on needed actions.
HAIRSTYLISTS, ESTHETICIANS, MASSAGE THERAPISTS & NAIL TECHNICIANS
- Performing all services offered by the respective department
- Provide excellent customer service and guest care for all guests
- Product education and promotion of the Aveda lifestyle
- Meeting service, retail, and guest retention goals
- Participate in ongoing education and training opportunities
- Work with team members to ensure that the highest quality of service is provided on a consistent basis
- Technicians are expected to work a 34-hour schedule consisting of days, nights and weekends.
- Missouri State Cosmetology License OR Missouri Massage Therapy License
- Available to work some weekends and nights
- Available to work full-time schedule of 34 hours per week
- Available to attend paid training program beginning August 15th, 2011
GUEST SERVICES - CONCIERGE
- Provide outstanding and professional customer service to all guests
- Assist guests with service, retail and gift certificate sales
- Assist technical team members with their daily business activities
- Answer telephones daily and work in the retail and front desk areas to assist guests in all matters related to customer service, retail and service sales, and general business concerns
- Proficient in general computer usage (Internet and MS Word)
- Ability to learn salon scheduling software
- To provide and maintain a clean, sanitary and safe salon environment in accordance with the goals and guidelines set forth by the mission and vision of Ginger Bay Salon & Spa. This includes but is not limited to laundry cleaning, sorting and distribution, surface/flooring sanitization, trash removal, detail cleaning of the entire facility including restrooms, guest and employee areas, mopping, stocking, inventory support, dishes and light maintenance duties.
- Abide by salon policies and procedures and state laws regarding sanitation and safety standards.
- Maintain excellent attendance.
- Provide positive guest and team interactions at all times.
- Ability to repeatedly reach to the floor and above shoulder height.
- Ability to push, pull and lift 30 pounds to chest height.
- Prolonged standing, walking and sitting for periods of up to 9 hours.
- Ability to utilize arms above waist and chest area and ability to use hands, fingers wrists and arms for prolonged periods of up to 9 hours.
- General understanding of housekeeping equipment and products.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently.
- Awareness of and adherence to the safety, sanitation and sterilization requirements of a salon and spa.
- Ability to communicate with managers, team, and guests professionally.
- Pleasant demeanor and customer service aptitude.
To apply for an open position, fax or email your application, resume and cover letter to our corporate office:
download an application
Fax: (314) 835-1752
No phone calls please.
Ginger Bay is an equal opportunity employer.